Identity Theft

identity theftI admit, this isn’t a great introduction but, we have an enemy. We hear much today from people about the love of God, and the need for Christians to love and accept those who don’t believe and live like they do. I agree with that to an extent. Where I stop agreeing with that is when we reach the point and say love is acceptance of beliefs or behavior that go against the word of God.

John 10:10 NIV “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life; and have it to the full”.

This verse shows us the objectives of both the enemy of humanity and the creator of humanity.

Let’s go back to the beginning. In Genesis 2:16-17 NIV “And the LORD God commanded the man, “you are free to eat from any tree in the garden; (17) but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

People often wonder why God would even create that tree in the first place if He didn’t want us to eat from it. The answer, while simple, is not often received. God did it because of love. If God made us totally submissive that would make God controlling, not loving.

God gave one rule in the beginning for out benefit, not to keep something from us.

Then in Genesis three the devil came and asked the question, “did God really say?” The enemy of Adam and Eve’s paradise caused them to question the goodness of God.

Once Eve doubted God’s goodness and love in her heart the enemy was able to manipulate her mind. She responded and said exactly what God said, except she added, “and you must not touch it”. In order to tend the garden you had to touch it. The enemy then lies once again and says if you eat it you will be like God, knowing good from evil.

God didn’t want them knowing of evil because once they knew of it they would have to deal with it. What’s more is they were already like God, being created in His image.

Sin, doubt, sickness, death, and separation entered the world at this point. God had to create more rules to combat the sin problem but when Jesus came he summed up all the rules in one word, love.

Guess what, the enemy has perverted the meaning of that word to bring forth sin.

The enemy is all about stealing our identity of being made in God’s image. Even if you do not know God, you are created in His image and to walk in how you were created you need to know your creator.

Transgenderism is identity theft! Homosexuality is identity theft! Abortion is identity theft before identity even comes forth!

Bruce Jenner is God’s creation and “Caitlin” is identity theft. Even as sad as that is, I am even more grieved at how the enemy is using Jenner, exploiting Jenner for their own agenda. The devil, nor the media care about him as a person, they just want to use him.

Think about it, how many people have done this and not been in the media or lifted as a hero. The enemy is just robbing Jenner’s identity and purpose even more.

God is not the author of gender confusion, he is not the maker of crossed wires in the brain, all of this is the work of the enemy of humanity. The devil who wants you to be confused, depressed, lost and empty doesn’t care if the lie you buy is transgender, homosexuality, lying, stealing, he just wants to take you off the path of destiny.

Jesus came and died and rose again for one reason, to restore our identity.

Jesus restored the ease of God’s commands for our good life.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to love God, love our neighbor, and fulfill God’s plan for our life.

Confusion, sin, sickness, depression, divorce, and identity theft are not part of that plan.

Does God love transgender people? Yes. Does God love the homosexual? Yes. God loves everyone and He loves each of us enough to tell us the enemy of our humanity is stealing from us, even to the extent of taking our whole identity.

Come to Jesus and get your identity back. Come to Jesus and be truly who you were created to be.

If you are someone who is dealing with these lies ask Jesus to help you. If you don’t know Jesus just tell Him you want to know Him and have a relationship with Him and that you want to be free from the lies of the enemy.

If you are a Christian, don’t buy the lie that says love accepts things contrary to the Word. As believers we need to help protect from identity theft.

How do we protect ourselves from identity theft? by knowing who we are in Christ, by being in the Word and communing with God daily not just in church services.

Tools to help prevent “Identity Theft”:

Renewing your mind in the Word of God

New Creation Realities by E.W. Kenyon

God’s Master Plan for Your Life by Gloria Copeland

Advertisements

About Casey D. Bell

Casey is an ordained minister in the Church of God and has a passion to see generations come together for the cause of Christ. Casey teaches strongly in the areas of faith, healing, applying God's Word to our everyday life, and the benefits of understanding our Jewish roots.
This entry was posted in Thoughts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Identity Theft

1. Kria Nukkao says:

Please do explain why you equate homosexuality to murder. It is NOT the same sin.

Do you mean to tell me that my girlfriend and I are ruining your life by being together? I am a random person on the internet, one you’ve never heard of until now. And if you think that I am committing a sin equal to theft and murder for LOVING SOMEONE, you need to rethink your ideology.

Loving a person of the same gender and wanting to be with them the rest of your life, having the same rights as any other couple, is not destructive behavior like other sins you mentioned. The entire nation does not share the same religion. Let’s say it’s against somebody’s religion to handle pork. Touching pork is not necessarily a destructive action like theft, but it is still considered unacceptable to some. Imposing laws based on this ideology on EVERYBODY, be they of that religion or not, is unconstitutional.

• Casey says:

Thanks for the comment. A few things I want to point out is I did not mention any sins by name, secondly, all sin is equal, no one sin is bigger or smaller than another.

As to your relationship affecting me it does not. I believe God loves everyone and that His plan is for marriage between a man and a woman.

I want you to know I have nothing against you as a person. I miss the days when people could disagree without being a charter issue.

• Kria Nukkao says:

Ok, thank you for clarifying 🙂

You think that God’s plan for marriage is between a man and a woman, as do many other Christians. But is everyone a Christian? No. So everyone should not have to follow laws that are based upon a religion they do not believe in.

I’m not affected by you or others who disagree with me. I couldn’t care less, and go out and speak against it all you want. But just don’t deny others rights because of YOUR religion.

Honestly I wish Christians would just support legalisation of gay marriage. It will not have any affect on them directly, and they could still go out and say that homosexuality is wrong.

Do you understand where I’m coming from?

• Casey says:

I do understand where you are coming from. My concern is the radical part of the gay community that is suing companies that won’t cater gay weddings. I am concerned that in the light of the radical view of some gays (not all) want it apart of law to force ministers to perform gay weddings. It also came out last Friday that the current administration wants to make grant money contingent on an organizations willingness to hire gays. Christian relief organizations would lose the assistance and cooperation of the government when they assist in emergency situations. This would be a mistake on the governments part because Christian relief organizations are very beneficial and are often on the scene before the government organizations are mobilized.

This is the thing I take issue with. Speaking purely politically, you have a right to marry who you want and a Christian or any other religion should have the right as a business or Church to decline to host or perform a gay wedding ceremony. This, I believe would be the correct way to do things but unfortunately many in our culture today see it as for one to get what they want another should be denied.

I think many people have been falsely pitted against each other. I’ve never met you but I know you are a person just like me, we each have a story that is our life, experience has shaped us.

We may disagree on an issue but I believe people can and should still respect and honor one another. You have done this in our conversation and I appreciate that.

If more people could dialog like we have our world would be a better place.

• Kria Nukkao says:

True. I agree with you in that aspect as well, as I have discussed with several others. I don’t think it’s fair to sue businesses for their beliefs. I think businesses should be allowed to discriminate against whoever they want, without legal action, and then just see what happens. Businesses that openly discriminate against African Americans would definitely not stay in business long from the backlash they’ll receive. A baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding would probably lose business from a few, but they certainly shouldn’t be sued.

It is indeed true that the extremists of both sides are the most heard. Then people jump to conclusions and assume that the entire community shares the same beliefs as the few radicals. I know that most Christians do not share the same ideals as the Westboro Baptist Church or Scott Lively, and I sincerely hope that the rest of the LGBT community realises this as well. And I would also hope that Christians would understand that not all gay people want to go around and shove their agenda down everybody’s throats.

I appreciate your comments. It’s not often that one can participate in a respectful debate on the internet 😀 Thank you.

• Casey says:

It’s refreshing knowing there are still people sharing the planet that aren’t disrespectful and ignorant. It’s been nice talking with you and neither one of us attacking the other.